CHANGE, Inc. is currently accepting applications for both the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) and the No Heat Emergency Program (NHEP) in Hancock, Brooke, Ohio, and Marshall Counties in West Virginia.
The WAP provides free services that include insulation, duct testing, repair, and sealing, weather stripping, safety inspections of furnaces and water heaters and replacement or repair of installed heating systems to households up to 200 percent of the federal poverty income guidelines. For a family of four, the household income cannot exceed $49,200.
Applications are also being accepted for the NHEP program which aids households at or below 150 percent of the federal poverty income guidelines in need of emergency heat, i.e., the repair or replacement of malfunctioning or non-operable heating units. The home’s primary heating system must have one of the following criteria to receive services:
- Have a non-operable or severely malfunctioning and/or unsafe heating system potentially endangering the household’s health and/or well-being.
- Is using portable heating devices such as, but not limited to, electric and kerosene space heaters as a primary source of heat.
- Is using unvented gas/propane space heaters as a primary source of heat.
- Is using an unsafe fireplace or solid fuel.
- Have a fireplace or stove, but do not have access to, or the means to purchase solid fuel.
- Is using any type of gas fired cooking appliance as a heating source.
If dwelling has been previously weatherized and the furnace has quit working after the warranty period, the home is still eligible for NHEP services.
To apply for the Weatherization Assistance Program or No Heat Emergency Program, please stop by one of the CHANGE, Inc. offices to pick up an application or visit the CHANGE, Inc. website at www.changeinc.org to download the Weatherization application and assisting documentation.
If you have questions or would like more information concerning any of the CHANGE, Inc. programs and services, please call the CHANGE, Inc. Administrative office 304-797-7733, the Moundsville Outreach office 304-845-8269, the Newell office 304-459-4010, or visit the CHANGE, Inc. website at www.changeinc.org.