CHANGE, Inc. Will Host Health Fairs to Celebrate National Health Center Week
CHANGE, Inc.’s Family Medical Care Community Health Center (FMC) will hold three FMC Health Fairs to mark National Health Center Week 2018. These events are part of a national campaign during the week of August 12th through 18th to raise awareness about the mission and accomplishments of America’s Health Centers and the dedicated staff who bring health care to the medically underserved.
Each Family Medical Care Health Fair will be held from 8:00AM – Noon on these dates at the following FMC offices:
- Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at FMC’s Newell office located at 1151 Washington Street
- Thursday, August 16, 2018 at FMC’s Weirton office located at 3136 West Street
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018 at FMC’s Wintersville office located at 200 Luray Drive
In addition to a variety of free screenings and the provider chat, there will be a few low-cost specialty screenings. Participants can receive a comprehensive blood test for $40 (includes Lipid panel, CHC, CMP, and TSH or PSA), a 4D Ultrasound and “Heartbeat Stuffed Animal” for $20 (by appointment only—please call office), and A1Cs for $10 each. Other screenings and information will be available.
Family Medical Care Community Health Center is part of a nationwide network of health centers that serve more than 27 million Americans. Health centers have compiled a significant record of success that includes:
- Producing $24 billion in annual health system savings;
- Reducing unnecessary hospitalizations and unnecessary visits to the emergency room;
- Treating patients for a fraction of the average cost of one emergency room visit;
- Maintaining patient satisfaction levels of nearly 100 percent;
- Serving more than one in six Medicaid beneficiaries for less than two percent of the national Medicaid budget;
- Lowering the cost of children’s primary care by approximately 35 percent
The heroes who work at health centers and help make affordable health care possible for people in need are at the center of this year’s NHCW. More than 205,000 people work at health centers in positions that include clinicians, nurses, pharmacists, social workers, dentists and dental hygienists, behavioral health specialists, and much more. Working together, these health care heroes produce innovative solutions to the most pressing health care issues in their communities. They reach beyond the walls of conventional medicine to address the factors that may cause sickness, such as lack of nutrition, mental illness, homelessness and substance use disorders. It is their work that has helped reduce health care costs and reduce chronic disease, generating a record of success and along with it a long tradition of bipartisan support in Congress.
You can learn more about NHCW and the listing of events by visiting www.healthcenterweek.org and follow the conversation by using #NHCW18 on Twitter.
For more information about CHANGE, Inc., Family Medical Care, and the upcoming health fair events, visit www.changeinc.org.