What We Do
The Dollar Energy Fund works to meet the mission of improving the quality of life for households experiencing hardships by providing utility assistance and other services that lead to self-sufficiency.
Services We Provide
The Dollar Energy Fund provides a grant directly to the utility company account for families experiencing hardships and who are unable to pay their utility bills.
How To Receive Service
The Dollar Energy Fund has the following eligibility requirements:
- Household must meet the federal income guidelines specified
- Name on utility bill has to be someone who lives in the household
- You must have paid at least $150 towards MonPower bill or $100 towards other gas/electric bill ($100 for MonPower and $75 for other bills if over the age of 62) or $50 towards their water bill within 3 months prior to applying
- Applied for available state and federal programs
- Must be a resident of West Virginia
Call to make an appointment at one of our CHANGE, Inc. offices. You will be required to bring a copy of the termination notice, most current utility bill, proof of payment in the last 3 months from date of application, proof of all household income for past 30 days, copy of photo ID, and social security cards for all household members.
CHANGE, Inc. / Family Medical Care – Newell Office
1151 Washington Street, Newell, WV 26050
CHANGE, Inc. Outreach Office
700 First Street, Moundsville, WV 26041
CHANGE, Inc. Administrative Office
3158 West Street, Weirton, WV 26062