What We Do
The Domestic Violence Awareness Center (DVAC) provides advocacy to residents of Brooke and Hancock County on issues resulting from domestic violence.
Services We Provide
- Confidential, Non-Judgmental Support
- Safety Planning
- Identifying & Expressing Feelings
- Settling Conflict Appropriately
- Defining Violence & Abuse
- Building Self-Confidence
Advocacy with Justice System
- Support & Advocacy during Domestic Violence Civil & Criminal Proceedings
- Emergency Assistance & Information with Obtaining Protection Orders
(Lighthouse Advocates do NOT practice law or give legal advice.)
- Provide Information on Dynamics of Domestic Violence
- Effects of Domestic Violence on Children
- Domestic Violence in Dating Relationships
- Agency Services
How to Receive Service
All services are confidential and can be obtained by calling the DVAC at the number listed below.
Our Current Domestic Violence Awareness Center’s phone is out of service. Please call 304-797-7733 for your services. Thank you!
Domestic Violence Awareness Center
3058 West Street, Weirton, WV 26062
24 Hour Crisis Line: 304-797-7233