What We Do
The Lighthouse seeks to provide protection, intervention and support to victims of domestic violence. Through direct services and community education, the Lighthouse empowers victims of domestic violence, promotes equality in all relationships, and advocates for the fundamental right of every individual to a life free of intimidation and violence.
Services We Provide
The Lighthouse is a safe location for victims of domestic violence and their children at no cost. While a resident at the Lighthouse, assistance will be given to help the victim obtain and maintain self-sufficiency. All services are confidential.
24 Hour Crisis Line (304.797.7233)
- Confidential, Non-Judgmental Support Counseling
- Safety Planning
- Community Resource Information
- 24 Hour Availability of Safe Shelter Admission
- Confidential, Secure Location
- On-site Staffing 24 Hours a Day
- Peer Counseling & Support Groups
- Advocacy & Referral to Community Services
- Building Self-Confidence
How to Receive Service
If you are in need of domestic violence services, please call the crisis hotline.
Before admission into the shelter, residents will be given a pre-admission questionnaire. Bring any important paperwork, if possible, including: any court documents, medical insurance cards, birth certificates, social security cards, etc.