What We Do
Family Medical Care Community Health Center’s Vision Center serves as a primary eye care center that provides routine eye exams and offers frames, lenses, and contacts. Family Medical Care’s Vision Center employs an Optometrist and Optician who work closely with Family Medical Care’s medical providers to assure continuity of care is provided.
Services We Provide
The Vision Center provides a variety of services including:
- Contact Lens Evaluations & Fittings
- Diagnosis & Treatment of Minor Eye Diseases
- Diagnosis & Treatment of Eye Diseases including Conjunctivitis, Dry Eye Syndrome, Blepharitis, External & Internal Styes, & Corneal Abrasions
- Diagnosis of Vitreous Floaters
- Dilated Diabetic Fundus Exams
- Removal of Superficial Corneal & Conjunctival Foreign Bodies
- Routine Comprehensive Eye Exams
- Treatment of Amblyopia
- Treatment of ARMD (Age-Related Macular Degeneration)
- Treatment of Ocular Allergies
- Social Service Referrals
- Vision Screenings
How to Receive Service
Call one of our FMC locations to make an appointment. New patients are always welcome!
- If you are a new patient, please come early to complete paperwork before your first appointment.
- Insured patients must bring proof of insurance and co-payment to each appointment.
- Uninsured patients must meet with the Health Benefits Coordinator before their first appointment.
Family Medical Care is made possible through funding from the WV Bureau of Public Health Primary Care Division, Third Party Insurance, Private Pay, Private Foundations, and is being presented with financial assistance as a grant from the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources and through federal dollars from the Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration, and the Community Service Block Grant. This health center is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
Family Medical Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Provider, and Handicapped Accessible.