What We Do
Right From the Start (RFTS) provides eligible women and infants a “care coordinator,” who meets with patients one-on-one during their pregnancy to help teach them ways to have a healthy pregnancy and find resources to meet their needs and the needs of their child.
Services We Provide
- Obtaining medical care and services while pregnant.
- Eating healthy or feeding your baby.
- Reducing the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS).
- Obtaining Medicaid coverage for your pregnancy and new baby.
- Locating Childbirth and Parenting classes, and caring for your baby.
- Obtaining transportation to medical appointments.
- Quitting smoking.
CHANGE, Inc. operates the RFTS Program in Hancock, Brooke, Ohio, Marshall, Wetzel, Doddridge and Tyler Counties.
To be eligible you must meet the following guidelines:
- Be pregnant or have a Medicaid-eligible infant up to one year.
- Live in West Virginia.
- Have a current and active Medicaid Card; or have medical coverage through the Office of Maternal, Child, and Family Health; or meet income guidelines (up to 185%), have no private insurance coverage for pregnancy, be pregnant and over 19, pregnant teens aged 19 or younger.
How to Receive Service
Your provider’s staff will assist you with obtaining proof of pregnancy and give you a shortened Medicaid application. Complete and submit the application to your county DHHR or online through inROADs.